OnePlus has started rolling out new OxygenOS betas (Beta 4 for OnePlus 3T and Beta 13 for OnePlus 3) for the 3 and 3T phones that brings several new features such as new launcher with added support for shortcuts on 7.1.1, Redesigned app drawer and UI for launcher settings, Notification Denoising, Gaming Do Not Disturb mode, Automatic Night Mode, Secure Box for file encryption, Quick pay option for India and a lot of bug fixes and general improvements. Check out the complete changelog below.
- Redesigned UI for launcher settings – We’ve simplified the Settings options and added another gesture to get to them quickly, a pinch motion from the homepage of your launcher.
- Notification denoising – This is to allow priority levels to be assigned to peek notifications and will let you grant only the most important apps and their notifications the ability to interrupt you. This feature can be found under Settings>Device>Notifications
- Gaming Do Not Disturb mode – This allows you to lock the capacitive and home buttons while gaming or in other apps where it’s easy to hit those buttons unintentionally. This feature can be found in Settings>Advanced>Gaming Mode
- Automatic Night mode – You are now able to set Night Mode to activate and deactivate at a certain time or according to a specific cycle of day and night. This can be found under settings>Display>Night Mode
- Secure Box – This is for all files (including pictures and video) that should not be easily accessible to other people. It can be set up with its own pin, and once items are moved (by long pressing and selecting “set as secure” in the settings option) they can only be viewed in the secure box portion of the file manager. This can be found under Apps>File Manager>Secure Box
- Quick Pay (India primarily) – This will allow users to set up a QR-based quick pay feature that can be quickly accessed while the screen is either on or off with a long press of the home button. This will only activate right now if one of the following apps is installed: Paytm, Wechat, or Alipay. This can be found in Settings>Security & Fingerprint>Quick Pay
If you’ve already flashed a previous Open Beta build, you will receive this update via OTA. If you haven’t, you will need to flash this manually by downloading it from downloads.oneplus.net.